From December through February the fresh powdered snowshoe trails surrounding Schroon Lake offer the ideal winter playground for those looking to get up close with nature. Book your Schroon Lake wilderness accommodations, and enjoy a cozy cabin to start your snowshoeing journey.
- West of Schroon Lake is the Hoffman Notch Wilderness area – home to numerous snowshoe trails. A popular trek for families and beginners is the Big Pond Trail, which is a manageable three mile Adirondack snowshoe hike lasting about two hours.
- East of the lake, visitors can take an enchanting moonlight snowshoe trek in the 46,283 acres of Pharaoh Lake Wilderness, experiencing a serene perspective of the forest unlike any other. Click here to read more about a snowshoe trek through the Pharaoh Wilderness.
An Adirondack snowshoe vacation:
- Requires minimal equipment
- Is a fairly easy winter sport to learn
- Excellent for families, couples, non-skiers and outdoor enthusiasts of all kinds
- Snowshoe getaways can be as easy or challenging as you desire
Secure the services of a local guide who can steer you toward the best trails in the winter for your ability.